The Anglican Centre is available to rent for events and groups that are consistent with the primary purposes of the building (eg. religious activities, bible study, counselling, etc.) as determined by the Hall Rental Committee.
Church (seats 125 comfortably, maximum 175)
$35/hour or …
includes church, upper hall, nursery, kitchen & green room
* No food or drink is allowed in the church – thanks!
Upper Hall (seats 120; 80 for a dinner)
+$25 use of kitchen for refreshments
+$50 use of kitchen for a meal or potluck
Lower Hall (seats 120)
* Note: the linoleum-on-cement floor will be replaced with cushioning and wood laminate in December 2017
St. George Room (seats 10 around a permanent table)
NOTE: The Church and Upper Hall are not available to rent on THURSDAYS.
Subsidized rates: The Parish can offer a subsidized rate to groups or individuals who do not have their own liability insurance and must purchase the Diocesan’s Liability Insurance through AON.
Persons using the Anglican Centre must comply with Provincial and Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District bylaws and regulations. These include no smoking inside the church building or on the church property (CRD Clean Air Bylaw No. 2401, July 2007), use of fire-proofed props, not exceeding the maximum seating capacity, and keeping all exits clear.
All applicants must be 19 years of age or over. NO COMMERCIAL VENTURES will be allowed. The areas rented are to be left in a clean condition after use.
To rent the Anglican Centre, you must:
1. Complete and sign a Rental Agreement prepared by the Office Administrator (contact the parish office at email@example.com).
2. Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
3. Provide the parish office with a copy of your liability insurance based on use, location and a parish-hold-harmless inclusion (Occasional renters who do not have their own liability insurance will need to purchase coverage through the Diocese of BC’s Liability Insurance Program for Individual and Group Users (AON). The flat premium of $50 is valid from the time of purchase to next January 1st. An Application Form is available in the Parish office. Proof of purchase of this liability insurance will entitle the user to a reduced rental rate.
4. Sign an Acknowledgement Form indicating that you have read, understood, and will comply with the Diocese of British Columbia’s Policy Regarding the Investigation of and Response to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct. The Policy may be found here.
Please contact the parish office to check on availability (email firstname.lastname@example.org).